I love baking. For me the best way to unwind and destress is to bake. This recipe is the outcome of one such stressed out afternoon….and of course lots of excess peanut butter 😊!
3 large eggs
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup semi-detached chocolate chips
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup soft brown sugar or granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup powdered sugar or castor sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
12 tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 inch baking tin with parchment paper and lightly grease it with butter.
2. In a saucepan over low heat melt the chocolate and butter to a smooth consistency. Mix in the coco powder and blend till smooth.
3. In another bowl mix well together the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla. Keep aside.
4. In a bowl whisk together granulated sugar and eggs till soft peaks form.
5. In a large bowl sift the baking powder with the all purpose flour.
6. Add the child chocolate into the egg mixture. Gently fold in the flour. Add the pecans. Do not over mix. Now pour the batter into the prepared baking tin.
7. Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter mix on top of the brown batter. Use a knife to create swirls in the batter.
8. Bake for 45 mins to an hour, checking once with a toothpick close to end of baking time. The toothpick should come out with small crumbs on it.
9. Let it cool in the tin, cut into squares and enjoy!